Bestial, strong, vicious, cunning, wise, and protective, the Minotaurs of Ha’arguth defend the wastes from all intruders. Building labyrinthine castles from ice and stone to serve as fortresses from which they control their territory.
Lifespan: 70 years
Maturity: 10 years
Weight (male) 450 lbs
Height (male) 7’4"
Weight (female) 375 lbs
Height (female) 6’10"
Minotaurs have humanoid bodies, covered in dark, shaggy fur, and bull heads. They stand much taller than humans, with a pair of horns topping their impressive size.
Minotaur society is split, Good minotaurs act as cunning guardians of the wild. Protecting their ranges from the incursions of greedy men and kraven hunters. They see nature as their home, and mother. Many of these ’taur become druids, shaman, rangers or barbarians. But evil minotaur also exist. These beasts give in to their animal side, and revel in killing. They also enjoy trapping strangers in their labyrinths, and hunting them down to kill and devour them.
The minotaur are mostly treated with suspicion since the evil ones are hard to distinguish from the good. But good ’taur will generally respect the lives of travellers, as long as they stay on the road, and do not cause harm to the wild.
Alignment and Religion
Minotaur are split between CG and CE, and believe strongly in spirits. they tend to worship nature runes.
Minotaur will adventure to protect clan, to hunt, to save their range, or to fight an incursion by men.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Minotaur are strong of muscle, and of will, but lack intelligence, and as such gain a +2 bonus to Strength and a +2 bonus to Wisdom and a -2 to intelligence.
- Size: Minotaur are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Minotaur are Monstrous Humanoids.
- Base Speed: Minotaur have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Minotaur begin play speaking Common and Giant. ’Taur with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Dwarf, Titanic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Natural Cunning (Ex) (2RP)
Although minotaurs are not especially intelligent, they possess innate cunning and logical ability. Minotaurs are immune to magical confusion, including daze and the maze spell which prevents them from ever becoming lost.
Skill Racial traits
- Predator (2RP)
Minotaurs receive a +2 bonus to Perception and Survival skill checks.
Offense Racial Traits
- Gore (4 RP)
Minotaurs can make a gore attack with their horns at 1d6 + str damage
- Powerful Charge (3RP)
When making a gore attack as part of a charge, the minotaur does double damage
Alternative Favored Class Bonuses